[WWI] Lucky find

Thomas Young maiesm72 at att.net
Wed Aug 24 03:44:51 EDT 2011

Lucky find.

Had already cut the shapes for the stub wings on the Breese Penguin and was figuring out what to do to achieve the correct look of wing ribs and airfoil shape. Last night it dawned on me that there were a few incomplete WWI kits somewhere in the stack.

It turned out that a section of an Eduard Fokker Dr.I middle wing was just right and a section of the bottom wing worked perfectly for the control surfaces. A little judicious sanding and the correct shapes were done.

Anybody here remember Dave Boksanski? Bo taught me many years ago always to look at a part as a donor for something else.

Thanks, Bo.

Tom