[WWI] Flying Boat Help - Brandenburg FB

Jim T sinbad8508 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:04:47 EDT 2011

Exactly which HB version are you working on?

-- Jim Townsend

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:10:57 -0400
From: orc51o at gmail.com
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Subject: [WWI] Flying Boat Help - Brandenburg FB

Howdy gang!
Work is progressing nicely on my Brandenburg FB CAD model.
However, I am struggling with an area of the hull/fuselage. My reference drawings have conflicting views of the decking behind the cockpit. This is the area of the hull between the port and starboard lower wings and directly under the engine.

I think it ought to be a rounded cowling shape. However, I can understand why it would be a flat platform. (That would make engine maintanance easier.)
Does anyone have pictures of this area other than what was published in Windsock? Failing that I am interested in opinions and educated guesses.
Thanks!
Brent