[WWI] Flying Boat Help - Brandenburg FB

BT orc51o at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:10:57 EDT 2011

Howdy gang!

Work is progressing nicely on my Brandenburg FB CAD model.

However, I am struggling with an area of the hull/fuselage. My reference
drawings have conflicting views of the decking behind the cockpit. This is
the area of the hull between the port and starboard lower wings and directly
under the engine.

I think it ought to be a rounded cowling shape. However, I can understand
why it would be a flat platform. (That would make engine maintanance
easier.)

Does anyone have pictures of this area other than what was published in
Windsock? Failing that I am interested in opinions and educated guesses.

Thanks!

Brent