[WWI] Gotha

Robert Karr karrart at karrart.com
Sat Aug 13 23:08:44 EDT 2011

Early mid-60s.......A friend had gone to a distant "shopping center"
(pre-mall!).If you're 11 years old, everyplace is distant. Anyway, the toy
store there had a great model selection and my buddy had reported back that
they had a couple of Aurora Gothas. I begged and pleaded so the family
hopped in the car and we went down here. The nice lady who worked there said
that they had indeed had a couple in stock but that they had sold earlier in
the day. I wanted to cry....BUT the nice store lady pronounced it "goat hah"
with just a very slight hint, almost imperceptible, of a very soft "th"
sound. That stuck with me.
RK.....Pups aborning.....
I hate this thing:
http://karrart.com/aviationartlife/?p=809