[WWI] Omaha Nats

Stuart Malone smalone at kc.rr.com
Sat Aug 13 08:09:38 EDT 2011

I was quite pleased with the amount of WWI aircraft kits at Omaha.  I
picked up two Azur Nieuport 29s (one for a friend) and a couple of AZ
Model Breguet 14s from the vendor who came all the way from Paris,
France.  Jeff Garrity of rare-plane detective had a handful of
Aeroclub engines (cantone-unne radials), cylinder head exhaust combos
for the RE8 and BE2, and some resin Roseplane conversion fuselages for
various Nieuports.  He also had stacks of Revell kits, some boxings I
have never seen in person, along with an assortment of Pegasus and
Merlin kits.  Eduard had all of their current stuff, and plenty of
it!  MPM was also in attendance and I did spot one sole Special
Hobbies Lloyd C.V in their stacks.  One vendor of previously owned
kits had the MAC Pfalz D.III and the Roland D.VIb priced too good to
pass up.  Byrd Aviation had a smattering of Windsock datafiles on the
cheap, and several vendors had Profile Publications for a pittance.
And yes, Roll Models had a great number of resin kits to ogle!

Oh, and Matt, BANG UP JOB to you and the rest of Fort Crook!  I know
all the guys from KC had a great time!

Stuart Malone