[WWI] Added:Karaya's 1/48 Nieuport 25

nick hamer hamerthehorrible at live.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 12:30:27 EDT 2011

Bud, The Hi-tech Salamander is certainly very buildable (Have a look at Paul Thompson's excellent build in the Gallery) And it is I am sure, the only game in town in '48. The problem is vague mating surfaces, and an engine that is just the same diameter as the cowl it is supposed to fit in. You also have to build the armoured cockpit walls, because there's nowt in the kit for representing that important feature of the aircraft. But what a beautiful resin engine. I'm trying to make a new master for a plunge moulded cowl using a bit of wooden dowl and a powertool. Still got all my fingers, too! Like most ltd run multimedia kits it makes you work for a result. That's fair enough. After this I am going to choose a nice Eduard or Karaya kit, or maybe a Roden, something comparatively 'shake and bake' in comparison. By the way, i hope there was no blood shed when you departed from the 'drome, at least, none of yours.                        Cheers,                                 Nick.