[WWI] Halberstadt

tim mixon mixontda at att.net
Wed Aug 3 21:55:28 EDT 2011

Thank you for all the kind comments.
The overall fuselage was painted model master medium green (rattle can).  Then I
used a rough sponge to apply thin coats of varying colors overlapping them till
I was satisfied.  To the best of my knowledge the colors are:  Model master
middle stone, Model master PRU blue, Model master 70% Dunkelblau 30% black for
the dark blue, Model master medium green, and finally a mix of 45% Napoleonic
Violet  45% chestnut brown and 10% guards red for the purple color.  I tried to
match the colors in the lozenge decals. The overall finish is a little rough for
the 1/48th scale.  I do not recall any hitches with the build. The fit was
excellent.  I had to hand paint the red flame due to decal failure.  Sorry for
the poor quality photo's.  It has been a real struggle to post this build. I
don't know how I managed to load these two pics when several others wouldn't.  I
do not have a high quality camera and cannot get very close details.  I have
many other builds I would like to post and will keep trying and improving my
photography.     Tim