[WWI] Albatros C.III 766/16 Bohme/Lademacher

Andy Bannister a.bann at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 3 12:41:16 EDT 2011

I've wondered this very same thing myself Jim. In the picture of the two
of them standing by 766/16 on page 5 of the datafile (same pic you sent,
but the reproduction is better in the datafile) the dragon appears to be
a darker shade than the white background of the cross; this is
especially apparent in the section above Böhme's right arm­. Even taking
into account the variation between factory & field applied paint, the
dragon does not look like black & white to me.

Andy