[WWI] Albatros C.III 766/16 Bohme/Lademacher

Jim T sinbad8508 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:19:21 EDT 2011

Thanks for the prompt reply Diego-

Right, right, and mostly right. I am reading in part to seek an answer to the question, and in part in service to my manifest insanity.

The letters are amazingly specific about events that Bohme thought worthwhile, and contained a lot of info that would probably not make it past US armed forces censors  (before e-mail anyway.) e.g. - his first victory Aug 2, 1916 probably in C.III 766/16 - " Yesterday I shot down a Nieuport einsitzer over Rozyszct, the known headquarters of General Brussilov, where we were dropping bombs."

I'm hoping to find a note saying something like "Our Jasta artist did some very good work  etc etc. "

It may or may not be correct to use a light shade of green. Your suggestion regarding visibility isa the best I've seen so far.

BTW -

Where is the border between due diligence and OCD??.

-- Jim Townsend