[WWI] Sopwith Pup 1/72 Airfix

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Mon Aug 1 12:10:31 EDT 2011

JR!
If I were to build another one, with the same level of detail, I'd discard the original wings and tail and replace with scratchbuilt items. It's far easier than make the original parts more subdued. If you sand the ribs completely, the wings end up being too thin, and if you don't sand the ribs 100%, you end up with some strange surface shape that doesn't look like a fabric covered structure at all.
This is one of those kits that are very easy, if the parts are left as they come (dimensionally the kit is almost spot on to good, well researched drawings), but to correct it takes a lot of effort.
D.
Another example would be the Revell Nieuport 28