[WWI] Lawrance Engine

Thomas Young maiesm72 at att.net
Thu Nov 18 17:59:01 EST 2010

Looking for a source for a 1/72 scale Lawrance 2-cylinder Model A-3 28 hp engine.

While It looks pretty simple to build from scratch, I'm lazy. Besides, the Breese Penguin that I'm working on is going to be almost all scratchbuilt. I'm hoping to find at least an airscrew, wheels and a few cockpit details in the spares pile. I'm also looking for a suitable set of flying surfaces to cut down to size.

I found a beautiful set of 1/72 scale three-view plans in one of Casari's Encyclopedia of US Military Aircraft books. Now to find the file with dozens of color photos somewhere in the disaster area that my office has become (:-)

Tom