[WWI] KUK resin figures/Telford

nick hamer hamerthehorrible at live.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 05:49:41 EST 2010

Hi, Dave.
       Likewise, it was a real pleasure to meet you. I will be there for both days next year and that will give more time to stick around and talk more, Roo was pulling my arm out of my socket the first couple of hours with his ''I got to see everything NOW!'' impatience, and I have to be honest, that being only my second show in about 10 years after the Yate show, I was rather excited myself. I spotted the Pheon decals sheet you bought and it is very beautiful, the quality of the Pheon sheets is quite spectacularly excellent. Big Congratulations to both you and Steve for your awards. The GWICC display was a stunner, and the way your Staaken dominated the centre of the display set it off beautifully, the number of people who walked past and did the 'double take' at that monster surrounded by the little ( including the 1/48) models was quite amusing to see. I'll be booking the weekend off for next year as soon as I'm back, I am sadly coming to the end of a two week break, so I'll have an easy day just trying out my new airbrush nozzle for the H&S airbrush, and tonight is pop down to the local Avon I.P.M.S. night, for the first time in donkeys years, so I'm having a little rennaissance here. The KUK figures from Peter Plattner are indeed excellent, and now my the next KUK build will be a little diorama, and If you can please post your build impressions of the Blue Max Macchi, Certainly Bud and myself would love to read about the build process, his is winging it's way across the pond now from Colin at Freightdog. It certainly looks the 'biz'.

                                                      Cheers,

                                                               Nick.

d, 17 Nov 2010 08:27:13 +0000