[WWI] DR Designs

Thomas Young maiesm72 at att.net
Tue Nov 16 17:07:47 EST 2010

DR Designs is a Brazilian outfit which has produced a few pre-WWI kits using etched metal and cast resin. So far they have the Santos Dumont 14 bis, No.15, No.19 and No.20 Demoiselle

They are very expensive ($80+ range) and very attractive. I would like to get at least box art for use in the new book. I do have color photos of their completed kits, but the box art would be nice. The two that I have are marred by an overprint.

Historic Wings ha the 14 bis which appears to be the DR Design kit, I'll contact them and buy one along with verifying the source.

Does anyone on the list have any of the original DR Designs kits?

Tom