[WWI] Painting Wire

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Thu Nov 11 10:07:42 EST 2010

Chris!
> Anybody have any tips for painting stainless steel wire? I've got .007 SS
> wire from Small Parts. I want to paint it flat black. I wiped the wire
> with vinegar, then with paint thinner. I then drag it across a spot of
> flat black enamel on a piece of paper. Doesn't work all that well.

The only advice I can think of it to clean the wire very well. As MC Hammer
would say: "Can't touch it" Then you can add a very thin coat of nail
varnish with a brush, let dry and then use matt black enamel.
One thing though: your wire will be no more .007

> Is there special paint for stainless steel?

Yes, but hardly worth spending for .007 wire! You'd spend more wisely
getting carbon fiber of the same gauge, which is already black.
D.
"Hammer time!"