[WWI] Painting Wire

cperleberg at cox.net cperleberg at cox.net
Wed Nov 10 22:38:08 EST 2010

Anybody have any tips for painting stainless steel wire? I've got .007 SS wire from Small Parts. I want to paint it flat black. I wiped the wire with vinegar, then with paint thinner. I then drag it across a spot of flat black enamel on a piece of paper. Doesn't work all that well.

I have tried some other methods -- acrylic, nail polish, etc, and it doesn't seem to produce consistent results. The paint bubbles of falls off. Any ideas?

Should I be using oil? Is there special paint for stainless steel?

Chris P.