[WWI] Rigging question

Michael Moore maxwinthrop at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 21:21:52 EDT 2009

You're thinking too hard!

I drill holes in the Fuselage before painting using a #80 bit.  Then as one of the last steps in the build, I do the rigging of the control lines.  I use .005 monofilament (invisible thread actually) for the rigging.  I dab one end of a cut piece of line into a pool of CA glue and insert that end into the hole in the fuselage and then hit it with accelerator.  Then strecth the line to the control horn and glue it there, and trim the excess off.  You can take up a little slack with heat.

Just make sure to start at the fuselage and work to the control horns.

Mike Moore