[WWI] Crown Prince Friedrich Carl of Prussia Albatros D.1

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 9 21:11:26 EDT 2009

Subject: [WWI] Crown Prince Friedrich Carl of Prussia Albatros D.1

I'm getting ready to start the 1.72 Roden Albatros D.1 kit-- the one with the Prince Freidrich's plane on the box art.

Roden calls for a light olive green as the overall color of the plane-- but the box art has an ugly "Area 51 Alien" sort of color.

Is there any sort of concensus on what color this plane was?    I know Roden's color callouts can be suspect at times-- and I'm not sure what shade of green to use....

As far as I am concerned the color would be the same "Pale" green as seen in the wing camo scheme. JMHO,

Rick G.