[WWI] List inactive?

Hooper, Dave Dave.Hooper at Clarks.com
Mon Oct 5 07:50:56 EDT 2009

>I have one of those cut out and ready to sand. Since it's from the
>fill-the-grooves period of rib treatment,how are you dealing with that?
On
>the Sopwith Cuckoo I've used 1mm square Evergreen strip and a lot of
>sanding, but found the kit plastic to be much softer than the strip,
which
>is slowing down things a lot.

Hi Paul

Theres's two issues here, one is with the rib detail and the other is
that the wings are I believe slightly short and possibly narrow (chord).
In order to sort out the wing length I took the centre section of the
upper wing and used this to cut out the lower wing sections. I then
scratchbuilt a new upper centre section. All the parts were extensively
sanded and shaped before skinning with embossed Evergreen 5 thou
plasticard which also extended the chord. Quite a time consuming method,
but I am very pleased with the results having never used (or been able
to obtain) such thin plasticard in the past. The only slight issue I
have, which I didn't resolve is that the curve of the wings is a little
too severe. If you like I'll send you some photos off list.

BTW: I like the camel, beautiful colour scheme.

Regards

Dave

Please check that this email is addressed to you. If not, you should delete it immediately as its contents may be confidential and its disclosure, copying or distribution unlawful.

C. & J. Clark International Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of electronic viruses but responsibility for screening incoming messages and the risk of such transmission lies with the recipient.

C. & J. Clark International Limited Trading as Clarks Registered in England number 141015.
Registered office 40 High Street, Street, Somerset. BA16 0EQ. England.