[WWI] Collecting Kits

Christopher Malany cmm-saj at snet.net
Sat Jul 28 09:19:59 EDT 2007

Hi, Tom:

I'm afraid I fall in the same category.  I have a lot
of interests, just within modeling, and fell victim to
AMS well before anyone had diagnosed it.  So, with
every kit, I need references, detail parts and
aftermarket decals.  The result fills my bedroom,
attic, and a rental storage unit.  Though I seldom
actually finish a project, I am NOT a kit collector.
Every model I've ever bought has been to build, and
I've never picked up a scarce kit because it will be
"valuable" someday.  I've come to believe in the
Buddhist doctrine of reincarnation - I can probably
complete all the kits in five or six lifetimes!
<VBG!>

- Chris Malany