[WWI] Dr.I ailerons

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:12:43 EDT 2007

Been a jillion years but iirc, the port side aileron had a smidge more area,
but this was a feature found only on the first prototypes, or maybe just the
first production batch. On the stbd aileron, the first three ribs(inboard
going out) were stepped: the 2nd rib was longer than the first but shorter
than the 3rd. On the port side aileron, the 2nd rib was full length. If you
have the Apostolo/Begnozzi profile book, this feature is shown on the Dr-1
5-view drawings.
I'd send a scan but I lost my copy in a flood. :-)
E.

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now
only much, much better.