[WWI] OT Movie

Brad & Merville bigglesrfc at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 17 10:57:26 EDT 2007

That's the original Dawn Patrol (1930) with Richard Barthelmess and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. When it was remade in 1938 most of the flying sequences from the original film were used.  I just watched it with my 5 yr old and he explained to me that when they fly they're TravelAirs, when they land they're Nieuports and when they crash they're Tommy Morse's!

For those of you who get the Turner Classic Movie channel they are running old aviation films every Tuesday in July, all day, starting at 06:00.  Most of the films they've shown in the last two weeks have never been released on video.

Cheers
Brad