[WWI] Blackburd

geoff-smith at ntlworld.com geoff-smith at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 16 04:41:16 EDT 2007

I've been away since Friday, but haven't seen any addition to this. As
far as I know, Blackburn's first factory was in Leeds and the Brough
factory was built in 1916, as Michael says, but to build just the
seaplanes. The landplanes were still built in Leeds, though I'm not sure
how long for, then all production was moved to Brough. There was also a
factory in Dumbarton, Scotland during WWII. If anyone can expand or
clarify this further, I'd appreciate knowing.

Geoff