[WWI] Blackburd

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Fri Jul 13 08:19:00 EDT 2007

Eric!
> It is also nicely moulded and compared to the drawing published in the
> Windsock International vol18 nb5, it is almost spot on. The major
> difference is on the tail, the span is too large by about 2mm.Same
> problem for the main wings.

Not too bad, since you can trim them accordingly to plans, it would be worst
if they were shorter than specified. What about scale-wise with the given
span lenght? Have you considered that the extra 2mm can be due to dihedral?
(I can't recall if this plane had dihedral or not)

> A particularity of this plane is its struts. They have a shape that will
> be difficult to reproduce, so I will use them in resin. I hope they will
> be strong enough. I usually replace them by plastic ones.

I guess that they'll be OK if you reinforce the endings with a bit of wire.
D.