[WWI] MAC Fokker D.VII kits.

Nigel Rayner nigel at rosnar.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 13:55:26 EDT 2007

Patrick wrote:

>Hi all - I was wondering if anyone out there could give me 'the 411' on
MAC's 1/72nd Fokker D.VII kits.

In my view, far better than Roden's. The Roden DVIIs are their weakest kits
IMO. There is a lot of flash on them (including moulding flaws on the
radiator grille, which is impossible to remove), the lower wing does not fit
the fuselage and the undercarriage wing is undersized. It's also a pain to
build. I have given up on them and have several of the MAC kits. They are
nicely moulded, have decent photoetch and seem much better quality but I
have to say I haven't built one or laid it on plans.

MAC do Albatros and OAW versions, I'm looking at doing some cross kitting
for other versions.

Cheers,

Nigel