[WWI] Sopwith Salamander

Joel Christy jbarchristy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 06:48:26 EDT 2007

Hi Hugh,

  I stick to my old contention that because aircraft of that period wouldn't have lasted much more than a year at most the manufactireers would't have bothered painting internal parts of the aircraft ergo they would be narural metal , copper, duralumin etc. I gleaned this information from one of the restorers at Duxford.

  Cheers,

  Joel

Hugh Beyts <hugh at sensorydimensions.com> wrote:
      Does anyone know or have an idea what the interior colour of the Salamnder cockpit would have been?

  I'm guessing either darkish grey similar to the colour used on exterrnal RFC aircraft metal panels or red primer but neither is based on hard evidence.

  Hugh