[WWI] Struts WAS DH6

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 06:21:40 EST 2007

Diego

>>Think about the cross section of the strut material....
>
>What if I grind/sand the small portion to be bent to a near-circular
>section? A few swipes of a round file may suffice in 1/72 scale struts.

Errm. Aerofoil section is rounder in the front third and sharper at the
rear.  Bend a piece and get a blunt leading edge on the forward
undercarriage strut and a sharp leading edge on the rear strut

Which is probably wrong, even if the bend is circular in cross section

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum