[WWI] Revell 1/28 D Vll

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 13:11:48 EST 2007

Lost my copy in a flood.
The problems are the top wing, which has a flat bottom and arched top. It
shoud be the exact opposite. The fuselage is too deep in profile and too
wide at the tail.
Basically, you need to fix the top wing so it's flat across the top. I think
I cut the LE about where the cabanes attach, then epoxied some square brass
tubing in the inside of the top half to flaten it out. I may have made
several cuts into the LE. Don't remember exactly. It's been a few years.
The fuselage needs more work, which I was doing but never got finished
before I lost it all. That article would have you cutting this odd shaped
slot out of both fuselage halves. Didn't make much sense to me. I just cut
off the entire fuselage bottom(with a secion of the sides) from about the
bottom wing LE to the tail post. I also cut the turtle deck off with plans
to replace both with plastic card. That's as far as I got with it. The
fuselage depth isn't really that hard to fix. But whenyou narrow the width
near the tail, the H-stab will need some plastic added fill in the gaps
where the LE's make those points. And you'll need to trim the rudder so
match the new, shallowed depth.
If you can just get a good set of drawings scaled to 1/28, you should be
able to see what needs to be done.
Hth, ymmv, m-o-u-s-e.
E.

"One of the worst forms of censorship is what people are not being told."
Jello Biafra