[WWI] Struts WAS DH6

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 10:28:57 EST 2007

Diego:

I try to make everything I can out of plastic because it is so much easier
to glue.

For all these things, the vac sheet provides templates.  I have the drawings
in the A-H FMP door stop book but that is in 1/48th scale: I can calculate
the length of struts from that though by multiplying by two-thirds, if
necessary.  The trickiest things are the landing gear struts - I try to make
these by gradually bending the plastic gradually into shape and then putting
some non-viscous super-glue aorund the bent areas for reinforcement.

To make these parts, I take plastic rod and sand it down to a sort of
aero-foiled shape.  I stick double-sided tape onto a block of wood.  Stick
the plastic to it and sand.  Then flip the plastic over and sand the other
side.

Michael