[WWI] Turnbuckles

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at cox.net
Sun Feb 25 13:17:21 EST 2007

Not sure if this has been fully addressed yet (haven't read my digest since Wednesday) but it seems to me that the best way to make a scale turnbuckle would be to photoetch the round ends (where the wire goes through) and leave a short peg like end.  You could use thin wire insulation or fine metal tubing depending on the scale.  You could cut the tube to the correct scale legnth, and use a drop of super glue to secure the photoetched pin into the tube.  Then tie your rigging to the loop, and use another small piece of wire glued into the opposite side of the turnbuckle, and glue it into a hole in the fuselage or wing.  You could also make a double ended turnbuckle by gluing two rings on, one on each side.
So it would look something like this:  o-=-    or o-=-o

(center the tube = between the 2 lower lines and you will see what I'm trying to describe.
Dave