[WWI] Salmson 2A paint scheme

Matt Bittner matt.bittner at cox.net
Sat Feb 24 16:13:28 EST 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:34:49 +0000, timothy mixon wrote:

> I am building a wings 1/72 Salmson 2A and want to represent an AEF aircraft.
> The Wings data sheet has a reference for a three color paint scheme for
> American planes. Did the aircraft actually use this scheme during the war or
> was it adopted post war? Secondly, does anyone know where I may find decals
> for the tail? I have the roundels and various unit markings. Thank you for
> any help you may have to offer!

The best reference for the Salmson is the Flying Machines Press book.
I'll try to remember to look at it later, but don't remember a
three-color scheme for it, AEF or not.  The only two schemes I'm aware
of is the early, aluminum-doped one, and then the five-color later on.

But like I said, I'll try to remember to look at it later tonight and
give a definitive answer.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we would like to see your
model, in progress and finished! :-)

Matt Bittner