[WWI] Bristol M1c; Crossley tender

Christopher Malany cmm-saj at snet.net
Fri Feb 23 18:23:13 EST 2007

Hello, All:

A couple of questions for the list:

1) Is there any evidence a Bristol M1c monoplane was
ever flown operationally in France?  I know that
individual machines went to aerodromes and depots as
"demonstrators," and there is a splendid photo of
James McCudden standing next to one, purportedly in
France.  I'd think the temptation to "play test" a
fast new machine would have been strong.  Just
curious.

2) Does anyone know if 1/48th or 1/35th scale replicas
exist of the ubiquitous Crossley tender?  I'm
considering a small diorama, in the unlikely event I
ever actually finish a kit <VBG!>.

Thanks in advance!

- Chris Malany