[WWI] Italian Nieuports 11

Ivan Carlos Ruchesi ivruc at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 19 19:41:57 EST 2007

Marek Mincbergr <marek.mincbergr at worldonline.cz> escribió:>Dear friends,

>I would like to ask you for help. May be, that it has been discussed in >pas,
>but I have missed it. So, what was the construction difference between
>original French Nie-11 and Italian Macchi license production. I have
>discovered only:

- different MG mounting
- different side fuselage access panels (sometimes)
- different colors, of course

>Were there any other visible construction difference, please?

>Thank you very much

>Marek

Hi Marek,

I´m not sure if it is indeed a difference between French and Italian Ni.11s, but I think it´s worth to check the wing rib battens of the  particular plane you´re modeling...if there are photos showing them. I´ve found that some machines had rib tapes and another ones seem to have wires around the ribs, specially the first two ribs of the lower wings. You can appreciate those differences on the Datafile Special on Nieuports...

Ivan