[WWI] French Blue

Matt Bittner matt.bittner at cox.net
Sun Feb 18 07:44:57 EST 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:43:30 +0000, Michael Kendix wrote:

> I really like the so-called lighter or duller blue, such as that used by
> Americal-Gryphon.  However, I guess the problem is if you have to use the
> kit's decals, you need to have a paint to match up to do the tail stripes
> and touch-ups etc.

Exactly.  Since I've had problems with A/G's roundels in the past, and
since they're gone no one else is doing WW1 decals in 1/72nd, we're
stuck with matching what the manufacturers offer.

With A/G out of the picture, WW1 modeling has taken a step toward the
way it was years ago.  Sad, since no one is likely to "step up to the
plate" to take A/G's place.

Matt Bittner