[WWI] SE.5a ailerons

Spriesterbach Ph. philippe.spriesterbach at skynet.be
Fri Feb 16 19:47:16 EST 2007

Hello sp,

After a long time in deep lurking mode, I come back again.  I don't know why
there were two style of aileron on SE5a's, but I want tell you that it's
only a few aircrafts with short span aileron.  I checked my  SE5a Datafile
special and only B4890 and 4891 (flown by Mc Cudden equiped with an LVG C.V
spinner) are shown with these type of aileron.  These aircrafts were built
by the Royal Aircraft Factory at Farnoborough and were part of the batch
4851-4900.  They were equiped with a 200hp Adder engine.

Hope this is of little help.

Best regards from Belgium

Philippe Spriesterbach
http://www.philippesmodels.be <http://www.philippesmodels.be/>