[WWI] Merlin kits

Stuart L. Malone smalone at kc.rr.com
Thu Feb 15 18:58:23 EST 2007

Ray,

Should have said DH5.  All the parts look the proper thickness for
1/32nd scale.  If you build it straight out of the box, as I did 20
years ago, it looks almost like one of those cartoon planes.
Fortunately, I have another one on the shelf.  Damn thing has so much
lead up front (cowl, engine, prop) paired with the reverse stagger
top wing, and the kit barely sits on it's tail skid!  The slightest
touch causes it to nose over.  (I wonder if the real thing was just
as bad.....)  When I build #2, I'll make sure to counterweight the tail.

Stuart L. Malone