[WWI] Merlin kits

Dennis Ugulano djuggie at comcast.net
Thu Feb 15 18:49:10 EST 2007

Paul T,
> sorry if I'm mis-quoting, Dennis).<

No, the quote is accurate.  Up to kit 17, they were very buildable kits.
The last one I have is the Rumpler CIII/IV.  The next kit was horrible (I
don't even remember what is was) and I didn't buy another Merlin kit.  The
J1 was a good kit and I had some of the few that had two different fuselage
halves instead of two of the same.

    However, take his Beech Staggerwing, please.  Bad joke.

    When he branched out into 1/48th, what I saw was beyond bad.

    If I'm not mistaken, I think Veeday was this gentleman and Chris Gannon.
They parted company and Chris started Pegasus.  Merlin got worse and Pegasus
got better.  Talking with John Adams a number of years ago, he would not fit
in with the rest of the WW1 community.  I have no idea what has happened to
him.

Dennis

email:  djuggie(at)comcast(dot)net
http://wwi.priswell.com/
Page Revised 7/8/2006
"Each modeler will rise to their own level
of masochism."