[WWI] Trip to France

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Thu Feb 15 02:55:52 EST 2007

>Crawford Neil wrote:
>> Only the other day, our minister for education was telling us that
>> everyone knows that Lindberg was the first to fly the atlantic. He's
probably never heard of either the US team >commanded by Read in the
Curtiss NC4's or Alcock&Brown.

>> Or the couple of airships and the Portugese crew who flew the South
>> Atlantic in Fairey IIID's (OT!)
>>
>> And he's probably only heard of Lindberg because of his Swedish
>> ancestry.
>>
>> But this all neither here nor there.
>>

>true, but it will still be interesting to monitor reader mail responses

>to see if anyone else picks up that the minister for education doesn't
>know what he's talking about.

>if you play it right, you should be able to have the swedish media
>equivalent of al gore spelling potato.

>iban.  (suffering from topic drift today.  sorry all.)

He got away with it, either nobody else noticed, or like me couldn't be
bothered
to make a fuss about it. And thinking about it, it's a good thing nobody
tells
the media about all the mistakes I make!
/Neil C.