[WWI] Will the Aeroclub jig ever return?

Thayer Syme thayers at flyrc.com
Wed Feb 14 09:38:12 EST 2007

At 07:59 AM 2/14/2007 +0100, you wrote:
>>Did it leave any room to
>get at the aircraft to rig, etc?
>
>Matt. Depending on the size of the airframe, yes. More often than
>actually mounting the wings I use mine for holding the model steady
>while rigging. Advantage is you can turn the thing upside down
>without it falling apart, which can be handy, depending on your
>rigging method. I've used it among other things for a 1/48th Gotha
>G.II and a 1/72nd Spad VII, so it's pretty adaptable, but be sure to
>mount the jig on a strong base board.

Pat Tritle designed a somewhat similar jig for rigging smaller RC
models. We published it in the March 2007 issue of Fly RC, and have
plans for it you can download on our web site. www.flyrc.com. It
would not take much ingenuity to adapt it to small OT biplanes.

Thayer
-------
Thayer Syme
Editor, Fly RC Magazine