[WWI] Guidance appreciated

Frazer Wright frazer.wright at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 07:07:01 EST 2007

I'm new to the list - indeed, new to modelling after a 20 year gap, when
earning a living as a self employed person took priority.

I disposed of a large number of kits, but kept much of my reference material
(now partly out of date, but still useful). Now I am retired I may well
delve into WW1 modelling, something I always fancied, but never took up,
largely because  I am the type who wants all the fact and photos to hand
before even starting a model., This was much more difficult in the 1975-180
period than it is now in these post-Windsock days.

Enough of the prelim crap. I did keep ONE kit - the Hasegawa 1/8 scale SE5A,
which was a gift to me at the time my employer shut down (it was a nice
thought.)

I can find little about this kit on the net except for what appear to me to
be quite staggering prices. My question is simple - is the kit so good that
I should keep and and, one day, make it at all costs, or should I sell it,
boxed, contents unopened, and invest in a dozen (or more) 1/48 kits and
accompanying Windsocks.

Please - no offers or bids at this stage. The kit has been in my loft for
nearly 25 years - I am in no hurry to part with it.