[WWI] ot: Windows Vista (Was UK second hand shop)

Magnus Berggren carius at comhem.se
Mon Feb 12 10:27:59 EST 2007

I would say that it depends on the machine you have.
I love it, but I also spend between 15-20 thousand kronor ($2-3000) a year
to keep my hardware up to scratch.
For the people who are interested in gaming, Vista is a must, since DX10
only works in Vista, with no exceptions.
It is very nice looking, performs smooth, and I havn´t had any stability
problems with it at all. The upgrade went surpricingly troublefree, and it
took less than hours to feel reasonable at home in the system.
If you decide to try it, spend the extra money to get the Ultimate version,
since a lot of things have been taken away in the more basic versions. For
normal users, I would recommend Ultimate OEM, and for the enthusiast
Ultimate Upgrade. The ones that are totally sure to not use all the extras
in Ultimate can be OK with Home Premium, but the difference in price are not
worth it, IMHO.
When it comes to over-rated, over-priced, memory-resource-hog tool, I don´t
agree with Mr Kendix.;-)
I have run it since the earliest betas, and have always found it to be quite
nice on the hardware. If compared to how demanding XP or OSX was when
compared to earlier versions, I find Vista to just follow the usual trend.
But since people get angry if the cant use their old hardware with the
latest OS, I would say that the critic is pretty much expected.....

/Magnus