[WWI] Visiting France, Where to go?

Karen Rychlewski krychski at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 11 00:32:26 EST 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 2:04 PM, <mikemuth at ptd.net> <mikemuth at ptd.net>
wrote:

> ..."Airfields and Airmen of the Channel Coast" by Mike O'Connor.
> (Penn & Sword
> Books Ltd. ISBN 1-84415-258-8). This is a type of guide book that
> shows some
> then and now photos or superimposes "then" conditions on "now"
> photos. It also
> gives directions on how to get to the locations. .. I bet there is
> another book in this
> "Battleground" series that would help.

Indeed. There are at least four others by O'Connor: all "Airfields
and Airmen" of Somme, Arras, Cambrai, and Ypres.

Also, a couple of websites that may be of interest:
http://www.quasimodo.be/businfo.htm
http://www.salienttours.com/
http://www.visitbelgium.com/worldwar.htm

I envy your trip if you get to the Western Front areas; however,
there are no airplanes there   :-)
'Twere me, I'd spend the time in the Paris and Brussels air museums.

Karen