[WWI] RFC/RNAS Queries

Ivan Carlos Ruchesi ivruc at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Feb 10 20:09:21 EST 2007

Christopher Malany <cmm-saj at snet.net> escribió:
>My questions:

>6) Does anyone know the French camouflage colors used
>on RFC Nieuport 24/27s.  More generally, is there any
>decent one-volume monograph or study on WWI French
>paint finishes and camouflage?

>Christopher M. Malany
>Stephanie A. Johnson

Hi Chris,

There is a book  by Monogram Aviation Publications named "The  Official Monogram US Army Air Service & Air Corps Aircraft Color Guide 1908 1941 Vol.1" by Robert D. Archer that includes paint color chips for the five color French camo scheme. They were based in the findings by a group of researchers under "Project Butterfly"  of the sixties.  However, this is  now  a relatively old source and I´m not sure about its accuracy...

Ivan