[WWI] Visiting France, Where to go?

Knut Erik Hagen knut.erik.hagen at eunet.no
Sat Feb 10 15:46:09 EST 2007

Hei,

There are a couple of great museums in Paris, one which can be combined
with arrival or departure from the CDG airport is Musee de l`Air et l`Espace.
(MAE for short) www.mae.org

Also if possible to work it into your plans, go to the Army Museum in Brussels.
www.klm-mra.be

If searching in "internetmodeler.com" can you find my modelers journey articles
for Paris and Brussels with what I hope is useful info.
(I am currently typing up another one covering a recent visit to Madrid.)

In general, bring more memory cards, camera batteries and money than you
thought
and don`t try to cover everything in one week.
Check that the museums are open on the day you want to go.

I usually have a list of "most wanted" that I really want to see
and a list of other museums or venues that I can go to in case
what I had first on my list is closed or can not be reached on that day.
Think I have made three or four tries at seeing the WW2 exhibits in MAE
- last time I was there couldn`t they open the gate because of too much wind.

And if you don`t speak French, get yourself a little book with
French words and phrases as you can run into people who don`t speak English.
Don`t care about pronounciation, if you gets understood is it good enough...

  BRgds
Knut Erik