[WWI] vac wings

Paul Thompson flutes at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 10 03:31:08 EST 2007

>That is what I have done.  There is no problem holding the shanks of a pair
of #11 Exacto blades, and you don't need to exert much pressure.  I use the
pair for decal strips and thin 'battens' cut from .005" Evergreen sheet.
My only complaint is that I can never quite keep down the 'wastage' between
parallel strips enough to satisfy the ghosts of generations of Scotsmen
screaming in my genes.

I just use the 'one light but firm stroke' method.  You don't want to cut
through the backing on the decals, and the styrene strips just 'pop' off
like vacuform pieces.

.Mark Shannon.
<

    What Mark said, only don't forget what Steve Perry added. A bead of
superglue along the blunt edge helps keep them from slipping out of
alignment.

Paul T.