[WWI] vac wings

Douglas Anderson djandersonza at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 12:37:16 EST 2007

My experience with vac-form is 1/72. I left the lower wing as it looked thin enough. I have not built a 1/48 vac yet, so wouldn't bae able to tell you. I guess I might try and fill it out to give it more of a correct profile, probably with a filler.

tracy hancock <atlporkchop at yahoo.com> wrote:  since the subject of vacs is being discussed...
what are your feelings about the lower side of vac
wings? Do most of you leave them as is or do you fill
out the concave surface in some way? Any preferred
methods?
I'm somewhere in the middle, I like the representation
of the thinness of the wing, but think it doesn't
represent the proper profile of the actual
construction of the wing.
Does size matter? Would you leave it alone on a
fighter or two seater but do some adjusting on a
bomber wing?
Curious to hear some opinions.
cheers, tracy

Bored stiff? Loosen up...