[WWI] Roland CIIa

Douglas Anderson djandersonza at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 10:57:27 EST 2007

I cannot judge as all the colour profiles I have ever seen show purple, and the photographs that I have seen are in black and white. Besides, purely from an aesthetic point of view I do prefer the purple. Where did the idea of purple originally come from? Was it from a fragment or covering, or did some-one decide that the colour was purple based on research and every-one merely followed suit.

James and Linda Fahey <fahey.j.l at clear.net.nz> wrote:  Hi Everyone
Eduard's new Weekend edition of the Roland CII sports the familiar shark
mouth markings. What struck me as different is the box artwork which shows a
mid brown and mid green camo scheme. Previously I have seen models in a
purple/dk green finish as in Bob Laskodi's Aug 2000 article over at IM:

http://www.wwi-models.org/IM/German/laskodi_roland.html

What do you think about Eduard's interpretation? Is it more accurate?

Cheers
James