[WWI] Phönix C.I progress

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 10:56:47 EST 2007

Hi Douglas:

True.  However, given that the underside must be filled on this model with
something like Milliput, the weight increases a fair amount.  I try not to
drop it regardless:).  The metal engine also adds to the weight - I think
that's an Aeroclub piece.

On the progress front, I did decide to rob the bits from the Eduard Albatros
D.Va - it has a very nice control stick and rudder thing.  I may also use
the plastic wheels from the same kit after I check they're the right size
etc.  It's a lot easier for me to use plastic than either resin or metal. So
last night, I glued on the rudder and control stick, plus the cube-shaped
thing (Fuel tank?) that the seat is mounted on.  Now I need to make the
instrument panel - not sure if it actually had one though.   Hmm...

Michael