[WWI] Lebedev logo?

Mikko Saarela saarela.mikko at kolumbus.fi
Tue Feb 6 10:42:14 EST 2007

>> Does anybody have any information of what Lebedev factory logo as worn in
>> the centre of Lebedev produced Nieuport 10 rudder roundel looked like?
>> The couple of images in the IRAS book by Durkota et al. show faintly a
>> small round device, ca. 10 cm, 3-4 inches in diametre in the middle of
>> roundel.
>>

> Jan!
>
> I think you are looking for Lebed, not Lebedev logo. There was a V.A.
> Lebedev, who designed some flying boats, but the big company was Lebed -
> according to several sources including Red Stars 3. I think the Durkota
> book makes a mistake there.
>
> The logo is something inside a small, presumably red or black circle. A
> picture of a swan perhaps?
>
> Mikko

Durkota book makes no mistake here. I did. the combany was indeed
Aktzionernoe Obschestivo Vozdukhoplavana V.A.Lebedeva, 'V.A.Lebedev
Joint-Stock Aeronautics Company'. Lebed - 'Swan' - was the name of their own
a/c types. Thanks to Petri Sallinen for this information. He is the fellow
Finnish modeler, who originally asked the questiom about the Lebedev logo.
BTW, he's still looking for the logo. Just for sheer interest, even tho
there is no need to know what it looks like for decals in 1/72 or 1/48.

Mikko