[WWI] Lebedev logo?

Jan Vihonen jan.vihonen at helsinki.fi
Mon Feb 5 11:25:07 EST 2007

Mikko!

> I think you are looking for Lebed, not Lebedev logo. There was a V.A.
> Lebedev, who designed some flying boats, but the big company was Lebed -
> according to several sources including Red Stars 3. I think the Durkota
> book makes a mistake there.

Yep, I just translated the question from a third party without much
thinking. And I noticed you have commented the same question (by Petri)
on the Finnish forum already. There is a little decal project going on.
Hence the need for the information.

> The logo is something inside a small, presumably red or black circle. A
> picture of a swan perhaps?

Petri has got an educated guess from a Russian researcher/enthusiast,
that the logo would be blue in colour. A swan is an excellent guess,
though. As Lebed in russian means swan.

Jan