[WWI] Lebedev logo?

Mikko Saarela saarela.mikko at kolumbus.fi
Mon Feb 5 11:10:07 EST 2007

> Does anybody have any information of what Lebedev factory logo as worn in
> the centre of Lebedev produced Nieuport 10 rudder roundel looked like? The
> couple of images in the IRAS book by Durkota et al. show faintly a small
> round device, ca. 10 cm, 3-4 inches in diametre in the middle of roundel.

Jan!

I think you are looking for Lebed, not Lebedev logo. There was a V.A.
Lebedev, who designed some flying boats, but the big company was Lebed -
according to several sources including Red Stars 3. I think the Durkota book
makes a mistake there.

The logo is something inside a small, presumably red or black circle. A
picture of a swan perhaps?

Mikko